2017 New Hire Benefits
Welcome to Conduent. Below is a summary of the US benefits options.
Conduent offers a comprehensive, competitive benefit package that reflects the value of employees’ contributions to the company. Medical, dental and vision benefits protect your health and your financial security in case of illness or injury.
Conduent supports a culture of health and well-being by promoting healthy lifestyles and preventing and managing disease through wellness and preventive care.
For 2017, Conduent offers the Consumer Choice Plan, a high deductible health plan. The plan covers in-network preventive care including annual check-ups, well-baby care, mammograms and other preventive screenings at 100% with no out-of-pocket cost to you, even if you haven’t met your deductible.
For other in-network medical expenses, the plan pays 80% of covered expenses after you meet your deductible ($2,000 individual/$4,000 family). Your medical plan network (through Aetna, Anthem, or Cigna) will be determined by your home ZIP code. Note: If you live in an area where Kaiser is available, you will have a choice between Kaiser and one of the other three plan networks.
If you choose to cover your spouse/domestic partner and he or she has access to employer-sponsored coverage, an additional Working Spouse Surcharge of $1,500 per year will apply.
- Certain routine in-network preventive care is covered at 100%.
- Medications on the CVS/caremark preventive drug list are covered at 75%, with no deductible, with maximum limits on the amount you pay for generic and brand-name medications. Go to CVS/caremark Preventive Drug List for the full preventive drug list.
- For non-preventive services, including medical and prescription drugs, you pay the full cost of services until you meet an annual deductible. Then you and the plan each pay a percentage of eligible expenses. The plan pays 80% and you pay 20% for in-network medical services. For medications not on the Preventive Drug list, after you satisfy the deductible, the plan pays 75% and you pay 25%, subject to minimum and maximum limits.
- There are minimum and maximum limits on the amount you pay for non-preventive prescription drugs once you’ve met the annual deductible, depending on whether you purchase generic, preferred brand or non-preferred brand prescription drugs.
- An annual out-of-pocket maximum caps the amount of medical and prescription drug expenses you have to pay in a year. If your share of expenses reaches this maximum, the plan will pay 100% of eligible in-network expenses for the rest of the year.
- You may choose in-network or out-of-network providers, but you will pay more for out-of-network care. Note: If your medical carrier is Kaiser Permanente, generally, there are no out-of-network benefits.
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
When you enroll in the Consumer Choice Plan, you may establish an HSA — an exclusive tax-advantaged savings account. You can use an HSA to pay for qualified medical, prescription, dental, and vision expenses now — or save to pay for health care expenses in the future. The money in your account can be used to pay deductibles, coinsurance and other out-of-pocket health care expenses. Funds in the HSA are in an interest-bearing, FDIC-insured checking account that you can use to pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses. You pay for these expenses with an HSA debit card, checkbook or online.View More View Less
Conduent dental options generally cover the same types of eligible expenses, but differ in how much you pay for care.
- You can choose from two plans: Basic Dental or Enhanced Dental. With these options, you will be assigned to either Aetna’s or Cigna’s network of providers, depending on your home ZIP code. You have the freedom to see any provider, but you save money if you use a dentist in your network and the dentist will file claims for you.
- In some locations, you will also have a third option: The Aetna Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO). This plan pays benefits only if you use a participating Aetna DMO network provider. If you are covering dependents, you must each select a primary dentist from the network (but you don’t have to select the same one). There is no annual deductible or annual maximum benefit. Instead, you pay a copayment for each covered service you receive.
Vision coverage, provided by VSP, includes coverage for eye exams, eyeglasses or contact lenses, and discounts for laser surgery.
If you visit a VSP network provider, you pay a fee at the time you receive care, and the plan pays the rest of the expense (Note that an ID card is not required to receive services; the provider may ask for your Social Security number to identify you as a covered employee.) If you see an out-of-network provider, you pay in full at the time that you receive care and submit a claim for reimbursement.View More View Less
Health and Wellness Resources
Conduent provides valuable resources and tools to help you take control of your health and get the most out of your benefits. The following is an overview of several programs available to you at no extra cost.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided through GuidanceResources® by ComPsych offers strictly confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues.
Tobacco Cessation Program - Quit for Life
The Quit For Life® tobacco cessation program, through Optum, is available to:
- All benefits-eligible employees, whether covered by a Conduent medical plan or not, and
- All spouses/domestic partners and dependent children (18 or older) who are covered under a Conduent medical plan.
Health Advocate is your specialized one-stop source for help with billing questions, coordinating care, accessing community resources, and more.
Health Coaching - StayWell
StayWell is a lifestyle improvement program, available to Consumer Choice Plan participants, that provides support for managing your weight, physical activity, back care, blood pressure, cholesterol and stress. Through StayWell, you can access information and resources, participate in voluntary programs, and even work one-on-one with a wellness coach — you decide what works best for you. In addition, StayWell will help you develop an action plan to meet health care goals based on your preventive care office visits.
If you enroll in the Consumer Choice Plan, you and your covered dependents will have access to ConsumerMedical, a tool that can help you make more informed decisions about your medical treatment. ConsumerMedical provides personalized research and support for any health condition. A team of doctors, nurses and medical researchers will evaluate your situation, then provide information from trusted sources to help you learn about your diagnosis and treatment options – including providers, procedures, and their costs.
Evive Health is a secure messaging service that can help you optimize your health care decisions and save money by providing reminders and recommendations. If you set communication preferences to receive personalized messages from Evive Health, custom Callouts will appear on BenefitsWeb, based on where you live and how you use your medical and prescription drug coverage. For example, Evive Health may remind you about important care you’re due for (such as an annual physical), recommend ways to help you save money on your prescriptions, or connect you with other important health and financial resources when you need the information the most.
Additional Medical Plan Resources
When you participate in the Consumer Choice Plan, your medical plan administrator (Aetna, Anthem, Cigna or Kaiser Permanente) offers you and your covered family members a number of wellness programs and resources designed to encourage good health. These confidential programs are available at no additional cost to you.
- Maternity Management
- Nurseline services
- Telemedicine services
- Disease Management programs
Conduent offers a variety of life insurance options to protect your family’s financial future. The company provides basic life insurance at no cost to you. You may purchase additional coverage for yourself and your eligible dependents.
The cost you pay for additional life insurance coverage varies depending on whether you use tobacco.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Conduent offers a number of AD&D insurance options to meet your needs. This coverage pays benefits in the event you and/or your eligible dependents die or suffer certain serious impairments due to an accidental injury. You pay the full cost of any AD&D coverage you elect.
If you’re unable to work due to a sickness or injury, disability insurance can help you maintain your standard of living — helping you pay your health insurance premiums and other expenses.
Conduent offers both short-term disability (STD) coverage and long-term disability (LTD) coverage, which are designed to work together to provide continuous income replacement.
401(k) Savings Plan
You can save from 1% to 75% of your pay, up to IRS limits, on a pre-tax basis, after-tax (Roth) basis or any combination of pre-tax and Roth contributions. When you make pre-tax contributions, taxes are deferred until you receive a distribution. When you make Roth contributions, you pay taxes when you contribute the money and you never pay taxes on earnings when you receive qualified distributions. After you have completed a year of service, you are eligible for matching company contributions. Conduent matches your savings, dollar-for-dollar up to the first 3% of eligible pay you contribute to the plan.
You choose how to invest your contributions among several investment funds. You must be employed on the last day of the year, unless you were terminated due to a reduction in force, divestiture or retirement, to receive a Company matching contribution.
Legal Services Plan
Conduent offers the Legal Services Plan, through Hyatt Legal Plans. The Plan offers an unlimited number of advice and office consultations on personal legal matters with an attorney of your choice.
You, your spouse/domestic partner and your eligible children are able to use the program for a monthly fee (automatic payroll deductions are made on an after-tax basis). Enrollment is your only opportunity to enroll in or drop this coverage.
A wide range of legal matters are covered, including:
- Estate Planning Documents
- Consumer Protection
- Defense of Civil Lawsuits
- Document Preparation
- Document Review
- Financial Matters
- Family Law
- Immigration Assistance
- Family Matters™
- Real Estate Matters
- Traffic Offenses
- Juvenile Matters
Commuter Benefits Program
Provided through WageWorks, this is a tax savings program for employees who have parking expenses at their work location or use mass transit to commute to and from work. The program allows you to pay for your transit and parking costs on a before-tax basis, saving you up to 40% on your commuting costs. The amount of your savings depends on your state and federal tax rates.
You will have access to a wide array of discounts, including retail purchases, travel, electronics, banking relationships, and home, auto and pet insurance.
Learning and Development
In addition to ongoing in-house training and development programs, you will have access to over 2,000 online IT and business courses, as well as online preparation for over 30 major certification programs.
Paid Time Off
Conduent employees enjoy a comprehensive paid time off program, which varies slightly by business unit.