Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Washington, DC Metro Area Location
• Provides support to business to obtain government contracts which includes navigating government procurement systems, complying with regulations, giving advice on bid preparations, providing guidance through the life of the contract, including resolution of contract disputes short of litigation.
• Provides corporate legal counsel by understanding business requirements, researching applicable laws and identifying potential legal issues and communicate legal risks, opinions and explanations.
• Reviews, drafts and negotiates state, local, federal, and government contracts.
• Ensures that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organization policies.
• Assesses and communicates legal risks of contracts to operational executives in clear manner.
• Provides legal counsel to corporate functions and manages outside counsel for related topics.
• Supports filing of public record requests and defending against third party public record requests for organizational trade secrets.
• Manages bid protests and supports court litigation.
• Completes assigned reporting and other administrative tasks on a timely basis.
• Performs other legal support duties as needed or assigned. 5+ years of in house corporate or law firm experiecne required.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.