Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Conduent Parking Enforcement Solutions (CPES) are one of the UK leader technology solutions and services for parking enforcement.
We are dedicated to creating and implementing innovative business led solutions.
CPES have been established on the South Coast of the UK for over 20 years and have known for the creation of their highly configurable Parking Enforcement Product Suite.
The development team work on a product suite which encompasses Mobile Handheld devices, Web based applications and back office desktop application.
The purpose of this job
CPES Junior Software Developer plays an active and important part of the software development team. The purpose of this job is to be able to develop new solutions and look at ways of improving existing solutions. The Junior Software Developer is required to respond to development issues escalated from other parts of the business.
The Junior Software Developer is expected to explore new technologies and feed into technical designs. Other responsibilities include creating and maintaining technical documentation.
The Junior Software Developer must be able to demonstrate they have knowledge in both software engineering and database engineering.
The successful applicant will invest long term in the company and products. The environment is one of support and encouragement to learn, grow, and contribute to the on-going quality and direction of the software tools we develop
The main accountabilities of the role are:
- Utilise software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Design technical solutions to functional requirements
- Coding of systems against an approved design, ensuring quality is maintained and design issues/concerns are raised as early as possible.
- Deliver on work packages and ensure outputs are delivered on time and to required quality standards
- Design Review and Code Review
- Create and contribute to design & development documentation.
- Work effectively within the team, troubleshooting and resolving business critical challenges
- Develop software consistently following coding standards
- Examines new technologies and keeps abreast with current and future trends in technology and standards
- Be adapt and tackle complex solutions and is eager learn new skills.
- Communicate confidently with team members
- A good communicator, someone who can understand internal members of staff requirements and issues.
- Provide product support where applicable
- An innovative team member who has a passion for technology and is willing and able to produce new ideas and ways of working.
- Maintains relationships with other teams within the business including Deployment, Configuration, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Support.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of development best practice
- Has some experience with agile software engineering methodologies and processes
- Working towards or already has Professional and/or relevant vendor certification, e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal member of staff.
- Knowledgeable in programming skills and competence in relevant languages and technologies
- Some knowledge in the following Technology Stack
- Microsoft SQL Server engine, T-SQL
- .Net Framework
- RESTFul Services
- Some awareness of the following:
- Active Directory
- Domain Name System
- Group Policy Object
- Local Government context
- AZURE or AWS
Please note that by applying for consideration for employment, you give Conduent your permission to process your data. This communication provides access to our Candidate Privacy Notice. It explains in clear language what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices and controls you have. Please carefully read our Candidate Privacy Notice: http://www.conduent.com/data-protection-notices/candidate-data-protection-notice/