Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Conduent Parking Enforcement Solutions (CPES) are one of the UK leader technology solutions and services for parking enforcement.
We are dedicated to creating and implementing innovative business led solutions.
CPES have been established on the South Coast of the UK for over 20 years and have known for the creation of their highly configurable Parking Enforcement Product Suite.
The development team work on a product suite which encompasses Mobile Handheld devices, Web based applications and back office desktop application.
The purpose of this job
CPES Principal Software Developer is responsible for the technical design and development of CPES solutions. Furthermore, the Principal Software Development leads on team initiatives, through coaching and driving standards for improvements within an innovative team.
The Principal Software Developer is also responsible for High-level and low-level technical design. Principal Software Developers are responsible for translating user requirements in technical designs and code which includes all relevant design & code artefacts and supporting (release) documentation. They will lead on delivery of all development elements of the solution, for example creating an ERD for the database design of a given solution.
The main accountabilities of the role are:
- Technical leadership for products and frameworks being delivered, particularly active in the hand over between Business team, to development team, to QA, to delivery team
- Responsible for the smooth delivery of development projects, liaising with both the Project Manager and Business team to assist them in project planning and project reporting.
- Although, not the key accountability of the Principals role, act as a conduit between clients’ business requirement and solution design by working directly with the customer to establish the business requirements and create the solution outline.
- Develops the product using the necessary languages, frameworks, design patterns, and development standards
- Acts as Scrum Master on scrum calls and sprint planning
- Creates work packages for team members and ensures outputs are delivered on time and to required quality standards
- Proactively reinforces our development and engineering strategy, application architecture and component design as well as our engineering principles, practices and standards.
- Participates in peer review of delivery elements.
- Responsible for ensuring data security best practice and standards are followed and incorporated in our developed solutions
- Examines new technologies and keeps abreast with current and future trends in technology and standards and shares with the team
- Provides expertise and guidance to developers, coaching and mentoring team members in software development.
- Participate in the appraisal of team members.
- Assist the Software Development Manager in identifying and escalating any skill, resource and equipment needs within the team.
- Work effectively within the team, troubleshooting and resolving business critical challenges.
- Build and maintain key relationships with other teams, both internal and external.
- Suggest and implement (where approved) innovative solutions, frameworks, tools and/or techniques to meet the changing demands and emerging industry trends and standards.
- Can work with both internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Provide development effort estimate using the standard estimation process.
- Liaising with the Quality Assurance team to rectify any problems that have been identified during the testing stage, or creating any additional features (subject to Business Analysts sign off), and changing the module for further technical specialist review and checking back in to the repository for further QA testing;
- Technical management of a small team of people in development roles within CPES.
- Provide product support where applicable
- Development lead for CPES developments which are made up of Web Based. Desktop based, Interoperability, Analytics and or Partner solutions
- The post holder will be expected to travel within the UK to client sites from time to time.
- The role is office based with an option for occasional working from home.
- A prominent team member who has influence across a project team typically consisting of Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance, 3rd party vendor and potential customer stakeholders.
- Supports development team members across multiple geographical locations.
- Creates and maintains relationships with other teams within the business including Deployment, Configuration, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Support.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Expert in development best practice
- Possess a degree level qualification or equivalent in software engineering experience in a related discipline.
- Familiar with agile software engineering methodologies and processes with a high level of experience in defining and implementing software through the software development lifecycle.
- Professional and/or relevant vendor certification, e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or equivalent, highly desirable
- Good technical architecture and design skills.
- Ability to use the appropriate modelling techniques which could include UML, ERD, UDM and business analysis/modelling (BPM)
- Ability to communicate effectively and elicit requirements from internal and external clients
- Expert level programming skills and competence in relevant languages and technologies
- Will need to be skilled in the Microsoft SQL Server engine, T-SQL
- Needs to be an expert in the following Technology Stack
- .Net Framework
- RESTFul Services
- Desirable technology stack experience
- Awareness and appreciation of some of the following:
- Active Directory
- Domain Name System
- Group Policy Object
- Local Government context
- AZURE or AWS
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as TDD and SOLID
- Basic commercial understanding of business strategy and its impact on decision-making.
Please note that by applying for consideration for employment, you give Conduent your permission to process your data. This communication provides access to our Candidate Privacy Notice. It explains in clear language what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices and controls you have. Please carefully read our Candidate Privacy Notice: http://www.conduent.com/data-protection-notices/candidate-data-protection-notice/