Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
HealthCare Functional Manager
Conduent is looking for an experienced HealthCare Functional Manager to provide business and technical leadership for implementing a Medicaid Managed Care Organization’s replacement claims processing system. The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare, large project implementations, integration and/or migrations, have a solid Information Technology (IT) background and keep up-to-date with advancements in the healthcare and IT industries. Apart from education and experience, the ideal candidate will have strong management, technical, and communication skills.
- Provide business and technical subject matter expertise for implementing a new Healthcare/Managed Care system.
- Design and implement the Systems and Application environment for replacement healthcare system.
- Work with Business/Systems Analysts to understand the Business requirements, and create the corresponding blue print for implementing various components of a new system
- Provide technical and business leadership, and be the point of contact for all technical/business questions
- Analyzes, designs, and creates software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs
- Develop solution strategy including identification of core components necessary to meet functional requirements, and facilitate solution validation review.
- Manage the development and documentation of integrated technical, operational, and systems solutions.
- Identify gaps between contract requirements and available products and services. Work with operational and technical teams to determine how to close the gaps.
- Identify solutions required to meet functionality gaps, and collaborate with engagement owners to determine impact on pursuit and steps necessary to remediate.
- Analyze potential solution components offered by third parties. Work with technical, operational, sales and management teams to determine what third party products and services should be included in the solution.
- Coordinate all necessary modifications to teaming agreements and statements of work needed from solution vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers with contracts and legal teams.
- Develop product/solution roadmaps and strategies
Education and Typical Years’ Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree. In some circumstances, exceptional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare or human services industry in a senior capacity.
- Must-have implementation, integration and/or migration experience: Worked on either the implementation or migration of mid to large sized solutions (Application, IT systems, data).
- A strong understanding of business processes related to government health care programs, especially Medicaid and/or Medi-Cal.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including senior executives.
- Must have strong organization, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills; project management experience is preferred. Must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and work extended hours when necessary.
- A basic understanding of public health systems and operations, especially in the fields of eligibility, document management and processing and contact centers.
All other duties as assigned.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.