Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The System Devices Specialist, Obsolescence, is responsible for the management of fare collection system device viability and replacement technology. Obsolescence and end-of-life issues are identified, and analyzed. Solutions are developed in alignment with product and technology strategies and delivered in coordination with external partners, other development groups, and the System Architecture and System Delivery teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine, analyze and detail product performance, longevity issues for fare collection devices, and proactively manage maintenance and replacement strategies
- Identify, validate and deploy replacements solutions as needed
- Coordinate with vendors and solution providers to determine appropriate devices, technology and engineering developments.
- Work with the business stakeholders, operations and maintenance staff, and on-shore and off-shore development teams to design, document and implement solutions that meet strategic business objectives.
- Coordinate with device software development teams to support all required functionalities.
- Support new proposals, change orders, business development efforts, and strategic initiatives
- Oversee mechanical and electrical designs, prototyping, environmental testing and manufacturing contracts.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Transit Fare Collection industry or similar
- 10+ years of hands-on experience developing, deploying and maintaining unattended field devices.
- Significant experience with coordinating third party vendors, manufacturers, test labs and software engineers to achieve device deliverables within complex systems
- Wide knowledge and experience of hardware design and manufacturing, software development, networking and electrical, safety and environmental standards.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both technical and client facing situations.
- Individual must be a team player, receptive to new ideas and concepts and willing to embrace them when final determinations are made.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project).
BS in technical field or relavant experience.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.