Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the design and development of Transit Fare Collection software support for their Open Payment System (Back Office). Customer and product requirements are gathered and analyzed. Solutions are developed in alignment with product and technology strategies and delivered in coordination with the System Delivery team and System Devices team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine, analyze and detail client functional requirements and ensure effective communication of requirements and work packages to development teams and subcontractors
- Work with the business stakeholders, operations staff, and on-shore and off-shore development teams to design, document and implement solutions that meet strategic business objectives.
- Ensure the software design and development for Fare Collection system products and customers.
- Coordinate with device development teams, parking vendors and customers to achieve and delivery solutions.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure the productivity, quality, and efficient delivery of products and services.
- Support new proposals, change orders, business development efforts, and strategic initiatives
- Provide regular roadmaps and support monthly program management reviews
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Transit Fare Collection System
- Preferable experience on Open Payment Solutions, Pay-As-You-Go, EMV, ApplePay, Samsung Pay etc
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience working with one or more technologies - C/C++, Windows CE, Embedded Software, Middleware, Java, SQL, Application Programming Interfaces (API) SOAP based web services.
- Extensive background working on large engineering projects requiring hardware and software integrations.
- Analysis and design skills using formal methodologies and Object Oriented Programming principles.
- Experience in requirements management, source code control systems, and automated testing tools. JIRA is preferred.
- Direct experience of coordination with off-shore development centers and third parties for product deliverables
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills in both technical and client facing situations.
- Individual must be a team player, receptive to new ideas and concepts and willing to embrace them when final determinations are made.
Bachelor's degree in technical field
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.