Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Position Description: Platform Product Owner
Defines the vision and sets direction:
- Works with key stakeholders cross-functionally in order to maximize the value of the product resulting from the work of the Development Team.
- Continuously ensures that she or he has a complete and up-to-date understanding of the product functionality required. This means that the Product Owner must be knowledgeable of any changes to customer requirements, business decisions, or company policies that might impact how the product is developed.
Actively manages the product backlog (list of product features):
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items.
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions.
- Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team performs.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next.
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
- Evaluates progress at each iteration. Ensures that stories / functions implemented meet product need at the end of each sprint and that the product is developing in-line with his or her vision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent in computer science or product management related field with 10+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office suite of applications.
- Ability to translate customer/business needs into user stories.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Business / Customer mindset.
- Strong delegation skills – must be able to build and direct a small informal team to support the Product Owner role.
- Ability to actively interact with the development team on their terms.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand when and how to escalate issues.
- Experience with MS TFS, VSTS or DevOps for requirement backlog management.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- CSPO certified.
- Experience with building enterprise cloud-based SaaS or PaaS solutions.
- Experience with business automation solutions.
- Full stack understanding of platform services and how they are exposed to end users.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.