Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Description of Duties:
Accurately process checks according to customer specifications and departmental procedures
Open and remove all content from the envelope
Review customer instructions to determine method of processing
Follow the 5-step process to negotiate each check by verifying:
The written dollar amount,
The numeric dollar amount,
The MICR line, and
The restrictive notations
Stamp the check with the processor’s ID and validates payee
Number the checks and the back-up documents
May also be responsible for processing more complex accounts
Accurately attach check images to back up documentation according to customer specifications and prepare completed batches for mail out.
These duties are defined as duties that require less emphasis than the essential/primary duties. This includes miscellaneous duties that occur at irregular intervals. Some of these duties could be eliminated without changing the nature and purpose of the job.
- Assist in expediting the work from the processor workstations to the automated room
- Assist in processing on other teams within Lockbox
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education / Experience: High school diploma or GED required. May require a minimum of two or three years Lockbox or bank operations experience. Possess basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Manual / Machine Skills: Basic 10-key skills with the ability to key 8000-10,000 KSPH, basic PC skills. Good problem solving skills required.
- Communication Skills: Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Legible handwriting.
- Hours of Work: 32- 40 hours a week as full-time and 18 to 30 hours a week as part-time. Occasional overtime required for full-time staff and additional hours for part-time staff.
Night Shift Positions: Sunday Night - Thursday Night (9:00 PM to 5:30 AM).
- Mental Requirements: Must be able to work under strict deadlines within a production-oriented environment. Attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks timely and accurately. Must understand and comply with company/departmental policies and procedures.
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift 25 pounds. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Accurately read and interpret written material and accurately enter information into the system.
- Authority / Responsibility: Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills required. Work subject to frequent quality checks on output.
- All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Individuals who cannot perform some of the requirements because they pose health or safety risks to themselves or other employees might be excluded from this position.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess abilities or aptitudes to perform each proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.