Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Linux systems engineer is expected to:
- Must have demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of primarily Linux operating platform based environment
- Must be expert in Linux operating environments and possess conceptual and practical knowledge of Linux systems
- Makes use of best practices and industry stand procedures to build and implement Linux systems environment
- Ability to resolve complex Linux system problems with new perspective and using existing solutions
- Manage the team of junior level Linux support staff while himself providing the hands-on support for our vm/servers located on premise and in public Cloud
- Have hands-on experience in provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading virtual resources and software, configuration management in hybrid Cloud environments
- Understand and maintain peripheral services and layered software
- Follow the ITIL standard process for daily tasks, incident and problem resolution
- Evaluating, installing, monitoring and maintaining application backup, status, health, and performance.
- Ability to apply operating system and security patches as required.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well in a collaborative team environment
- Expected to provide off hours support and support in shift rotation basis
- Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration (6+ years; including RHEL, SLES and Ubuntu flavors)
- Experienced in operational support and problem resolution for UNIX/Linux based systems.
- Required to have in-depth knowledge of Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, httpd, openssl, bind, sendmail, , etc)
- Strong Shells scripting and command line skills, including extremely strong troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in Linux based storage manager such LVM, VxVM, LSM
- Develop custom tools in Puppet, Python, Ruby, and Bash to automate the Linux infrastructure
- Experienced Ansible, Openstack, Git, Configuration management tools
- Preferably experienced in DevOps, Kubernets, Docker and other container technologies
- Experience working in hypervisor environment such as vmware, ovm, windows hypervisor, public Clouds such as Azure and AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Linux Certification (RHCE etc.) is a plus
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.