Remote Manager, Proposal Writing Government Healthcare - Helena, MT - Helena, Montana
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
- Competitive compensation
- Full Time Employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k plans
- Paid Time Off
- Fun working environment
- Company discounts - Local restaurants, gyms, cell phone service discounts, auto, travel, international theme parks and many more
- The Manager of Proposal Writers leads a distributed team in the timely, compliant completion of responses to Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Government Health Solutions.
- Responsible for leading both direct staff as well as collaborating with matrixed team members, partners and sub-contractors.
- Manage team of writers in a challenging, deadline driven environment where succinct and compelling story telling is required to win changing government healthcare business service pursuits in a highly competitive market.
- Proven track record of leading diverse teams, strong communication skills and advanced problem solving skills.
- Healthcare domain expertise, a “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit are also critical attributes for the winning candidate.
- Support the pursuit of new business opportunities related to state government healthcare.
- Mentor and peer review proposal writers.
- Quickly identify gaps between Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and company solutions and work with solution experts to develop workarounds to close the gaps
- Assist proposal managers and peer colleagues to define new “best-in-class” proposal content
- Write proposal sections as necessary
- Attend proposal planning and review sessions.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of evolving regulations and emerging industry trends.
- Work with other Business Development staff to develop and implement future plans for solution improvements and long term business growth.
- Follow brand standards for tone of voice and writing style.
- Use automated tools for proposal authoring and access.
- Define and use graphics effectively to support written text.
- Upskilling, leading and inspiring a diverse, virtual team to high performance.
- Assigning, reviewing, and evaluating proposal sections, based upon writer skillsets.
- Ensuring that high quality RFP responses are completed on time and with precision.
- Identifying and deploying new processes and tools to improve the throughput and efficiency of the proposal writers.
- Focusing on continuous, ongoing expansion and improvement of reusable components (i.e., boilerplate, etc.).
- Succinctly communicating win themes and key solution attributes to buyers’ needs as described in their RFPs to the writers.
- Becoming a “company expert” in the field of proposal writing for Government Healthcare Solutions.
- Following all laws and established processes for compliant, ethical proposal responses.
- Maintaining accurate, timely management reporting of writing assignments, progress, due dates, and issues.
Manager, Proposal Writing Government Healthcare are successful when they meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- English language skills – Highest level of proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Documented team management experience required
- Must have strong organization and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in SharePoint
- Must be proficient in latest versions of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in proposal preparation, is highly preferred
- Experience in healthcare domain writing (eg marketing, technical or proposal writing) is highly preferred
- Experience and understanding of Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is highly preferred
- Experience with healthcare claims transaction processing, call center operations, or pharmacy benefit management is desirable
- Experience with Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) is desirable
- Operational experience in a complex government sector environment is desirable
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More