Junior Software Engineer - Albany, New York
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at
We’re looking for an entry-level Full Stack Developer to help implement and maintain client-facing enterprise web applications. You will be working on one of several 6-10-person agile development teams. Each team is responsible for different applications within our organization and cross-team collaboration will be a large portion of your job here.
- Collaborate with team members to design, develop and support new web application features
- Maintain existing application features and identify areas for improvement
- Work with internal stakeholders including product owners, project managers, and scrum masters to define and clarify requirements
- Follow coding standards and best practices to deliver cohesive, readable code
- Implement and carry out unit testing
- Participate in code reviews to ensure all accepted code is consistent, efficient, and reusable
- Troubleshoot and solve problems for new and legacy code bases
- Regularly update project documentation
- Contribute to the evolution of team-level best practices and standards for software development
Our Tech Stack:
- Databases: MongoDB, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL
- Programming Languages: NodeJS, Python, HTML, CSS
- Web Frameworks: ReactJS, HapiJS, Bootstrap, SemanicUI
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with a version control system such as Git
- Experience with databases (i.e. Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with linux/unix
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Motivation to solve problems using technology and find the best tool, technique, or solution for each project
- Commitment to be available during off-hours when on the rotating on-call list
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More