Programmer Analyst, Custom Data Services - Albany, New York
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Custom Data Services: Programmer/Analyst
Responsibilities & Position Details
Team: Custom Data Services
Shift: 9a-6p, 2p-11p Eastern Time
Hiring Manager: Aaron Barker
· Some off shift and weekend flexibility is required to meet client demands
· Participation in team on-call rotation required for off hours support.
The Custom Data Services team is responsible for servicing ad-hoc, urgent, custom data requests (reporting, data manipulation, remediation work, SQL queries) from CLCS clients on a 24x7x365 basis. Requests can come in from clients at any time, and are prioritized in a queue based client and litigation deadlines. Analysts on the team must be able to execute on these requests independently, quickly, and accurately. Typical requests are completed (from evaluation to completion) in 5-8 hours. Some requests may take longer while others may be shorter.
The team also supports internal ad-hoc automation efforts to improve the efficiency of CLCS operations more generally. This includes executing on shorter term quick-win development initiatives, research, new services and remediation projects. CDS also acts as a e-Discovery/analytics consultant to the operation’s processing teams, project managers, and client services.
CDS professionals are responsible for two major functions; client requests and internal projects. The position involves analyzing the current situation or request, determining and executing accurate solutions along with working with client and project managers to understand requirements and scope requests in a prompt and timely manner. Solutions may involve in-depth programming and/or database management in a variety of platforms and database systems such as Perl, PHP, Python, SQLPlus, Oracle, Qlikview, Power BI, SQL Server and MySQL. This position reports to the CDS manager.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with a solid understanding of the SDLC and be able to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems. They would have excellent problem solving skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, analytical skills and the ability to comprehend and master complex technical challenges. Candidates should also have outstanding organization, communication and follow-through with a focus on customer service.
Required Skills and Experience
· 3-5 years of experience in e-Discovery, including relevant working knowledge of at least one e-Discovery review platform (Relativity preferred)
· Strong background in key technologies, including client/server environments, network technologies, databases and web-based technologies
· Excellent English oral and written communications skills; ability to interact with management and co-workers, and possibly customers.
· Comfortable working in a Linux environment as well as Windows (3+ yrs)
· Experience in Programming with Perl, PHP, Python, .NET or comparable Object Oriented language(s) (3+ yrs)
· Experience in query based databases: SQL, SQLplus, Oracle SQL, mySQL, MS Access (3+ yrs)
· Understanding and implementation experience with both relational and data warehousing models including starschema, dimensional design, data mart, and database architecture
· Ability in SQL, Excel and other BI tools for data analysis and presentation
· Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture
· Broad industry familiarity with implementation experience of popular BI packages such as Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, and Qlikview
· Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to a rapidly growing, dynamic environment
· Strong work ethic – evening and weekend hours will be required
· Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
· Mentoring less experienced analysts in the department
· Experience working with large data sets and a passion to work with data
· Work closely with Pipeline and Projects Coordinators to ensure the completion of assigned work requests and project development tasks
· Identify and communicate timelines, deliverables and key milestones for assigned work requests
· Provide technical guidance to both internal and external clients, ensuring the most-sound technical solutions are being offered.
· BS Computer Science or equivalent degree required.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More