Customer Service Engineer - Austin, Texas
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world. Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Title:Customer Service Engineer/ Lead
- Software Support Analyst desired to work with a highly energetic and dynamic team supporting medium to large transaction processing systems for Conduent Services customers. This position requires a detail oriented individual who will be responsible for providing software support for all customer-escalated issues, with ongoing research, debugging and subsequent release and deployment of product updates.
- While moderate-to-extensive knowledge of each is required, we are also looking for individuals who excel in one or more of the following five categories:
Linux (command line) – Able to use advanced Linux commands for troubleshooting, OS configurations and software deployments.
Network Troubleshooting – Strong knowledge of networking concepts. Ability to investigate and research network issues using standard Linux networking tools.
SQL/DBMS – Understands and is able to write advanced queries to a database for troubleshooting.
File Transfer Tools – Strong knowledge in any of the File Movement tools (e.g.
Linoma/GoAnywhere, Connect Direct, etc.) / File Transfer Protocols
- Responsible for resolving problems and incidents as they occur, work with Level 1 and 3 support personnel to ensure proper steps are taken to resolve those problems and incidents, document new processes and procedures for use by other analysts working on similar applications.
- Will have to provide periodic On Call 24x7 support (~once out of every 2 months you are on-call off-hours and weekends).
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-system and multi-platform environment.
- Responsible for coordination with operations center staff to ensure monitoring of production systems.
- Responsible in deploying application upgrades in a Linux environment.
- Responsible for reading and writing Bash and Perl scripts for automated research and file movement.
- Responsible for tracing errors in Java using source and stack trace data and debug Bash and Perl scripts.
- Responsible for following procedures for processing of batch files, troubleshooting and reporting errors.
- Responsible for documentation of processes and procedures relating to deployments, troubleshooting and environment maintenance for our applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux and network technologies.
- Moderate skills on TCP/IP networking concepts and understanding of firewalls and proxies required
- Knowledge of advanced Unix/Linux/Windows commands.
- Knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and Glassfish preferred.
- 5 years of experience writing SQL for relational databases (Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Prior experience in a Level 2 or Technical Helpdesk role preferred.
- Prior experience in a PCI environment or the Payment Industry preferred.
- Ability to utilize computer operating systems utilities.
- Strong communication, customer service, organizational skills, and strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, good customer interaction skills are desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience. Each year of relative work experience may be substituted for a year of college education, up to two years.
- All other duties as assigned.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More