Senior Business Analyst - Austin, Texas
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Title:Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst is a key member of the team and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating processes, systems, and user requirements for planned technology projects, integrations, enhancements and help develop system components.
- Functions as a liaison between team members and business clients in gathering, defining and understanding client’s needs.
- Elicits, analyzes, validates, specifies and verifies the requirements of the client.
- Transforms the business requirements and solutions into various documents such as Conceptual Design and Functional Specifications.
- Conducts or Participates in Joint Application Design sessions with Project Team.
- Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests. Specifies and develops test scenarios to test that new/redesigned processes deliver improved ways of working for the end user at the same time as delivering efficiencies and planned business benefits. Records and reports test results. Uses test plans and outcomes to specify user instructions.
- Collaborates with the Technical Team and peers to identify the best approach to address the client’s requirements.
- Participates, collaborates and engages with teams, throughout the Project Life cycle to ensure system quality.
- Assists in the analysis of the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems and identifies available options for consideration.
- Investigates operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed business processes.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to customers, whether these are current or prospective clients of the Company, vendors, staff, business partners or visitors.
- Manages confidential client, financial and employee information with discretion and good judgment in accordance with department and Company guidelines.
- Demonstrates a dependable work ethic.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Ensures tasks performed are consistent with established company priorities. Reports accurate and timely project/task status to management.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, and information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes/procedures, organization and equipment. Assists in the analysis of the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
- Documents all work using the required standards, methods and tools.
- Arranges, prepares and takes part in client/users meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Assists clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems, in a thorough and reliable manner.
- Assists in defining, planning and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Working with users, reviews proposed benefits and risks in the new/redesigned processes, confirms the acceptance criteria for these processes, and ensures that they are properly documented in the business justification.
- Specifies and develops test scenarios to test that new/redesigned processes deliver improved ways of working for the end user at the same time as delivering efficiencies and planned business benefits.
- Records and reports test results. Uses test plans and outcomes to specify user instructions.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- 5 years’ business analysis experience in one or more of the following disciplines: general healthcare industry, public health, Medicare, and/or related software product experience.
- Familiarity with criminal justice case management solutions or similar domain.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to incorporate and manage the balance between business, strategic, and technical requirements when identifying developing, implementing and delivering systems.
- Technical expertise including Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Experience with cross-functional teams that include software development, technical services and client services staff.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when researching, developing and implementing systems.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to develop long-term business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
- Ability to function as a team player and to be a self-starter.
- Commendable organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities simultaneously.
- Competency to utilize Company software, proficiency in Microsoft software applications and a willingness to learn new systems as necessary.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More