Senior Business Analyst - Austin, Texas
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
- Work under direction of Business Analyst Manager for project strategy and skill alignment, and with Product/Project Managers for assigned projects.
- Serve as SME of the product solution functionality, including related business impacts to operations and back office groups.
- Work with both external and internal clients and stakeholders, analyzing requirements against existing product solution functionality to drive out gaps and define new requirements along with related risks based on technical constraints.
- Make recommendations on how to best utilize product solution functionality to meet business needs.
- Present and lead core product functionality demos for external and internal clients and stakeholders.
- Plan requirements phase activities including but not limited to: identifying and documenting roles and responsibilities; determining tools/techniques to be used for eliciting/modeling requirements; identifying deliverables; developing estimates, timeline and ownership for deliverables; and determining appropriate requirements management techniques.
- Lead requirement elicitation activities, including but not limited to gap analysis discussions, requirements workshops, interviews, document analysis and interface analysis with external and internal clients and stakeholders, including technical teams, end users and operations SME’s.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Facilitate internal solution discussions and analysis with architects, developers and subject matter experts to establish a holistic functional and technical vision for new features and functionality.
- Analyze tradeoffs between user needs, usability considerations, performance impacts, system capabilities and constraints, driving a solution that aligns with scope, schedule and cost parameters or impacts.
- Lead project BA team, including oversight of Jr. BA day-today activities with regard to deliverables, priorities and timelines.
- Manage requirements artifacts development, including resolving open issues, driving to on-time completion while adhering to inspection and approval processes, ensuring comprehension of and concurrence with solution to be delivered.
- Support UAT as needed, including assisting in test planning and participating in defect triage/reviews to ensure the end solution meets requirements and user needs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience as an analyst with pre-paid/loadable card technologies, mobile application software or related development projects in the private sector/commercial market space
- Experience related to electronic payment card transaction/processing and authorizations projects
- Experience with RUP, Agile and waterfall SDLC methodologies
- Proficient with creating diagrams, including use case, process flow, activity and ER diagrams.
- Experience performing data analysis with developers and architects
- Flexible and adaptable mindset and approach to problems, with experience working in an iterative/agile environment
- Experience working in a timeline-driven environment, including the ability to deliver high quality work under tight time schedules
- Experience successfully leading project BA teams including at least 2 BAs through requirements development phase, including managing and mitigating requirement-related risks
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Account Managers, Project Managers and technical teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities
- Driven and self-motivated, learning new technology and domains quickly
- Exceptional skill in writing formal documents in English
- Experience writing BRDs, user stories, user scenarios, use cases, detailed functional specifications, etc. in natural language according to organizational standards
- Experience creating diagrams such as process flows, activity diagrams, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills
- Solid listening skills – seeks to understand and then be understood
- Basic Microsoft Outlook skills
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Knowledge of Visa, MasterCard, or ISO 8583 financial messaging standards
- UML experience
- CBAP certified
- Pre-sales engineer/consulting or product BA experience with enterprise software solutions in a services environment
- PMP Certified or project management experience
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More