Director,R&D, Computer Science & Engineering - Bengaluru, India
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define the strategic direction & vision for the research area, manage technical projects and human resources within the area, aligned with the Research Agenda of Conduent Lab.
- Lead innovation, develop and nurture one or more competencies within defined area of research.
- Support the delivery of new / enhanced technology platforms that enable leadership products.
- Serve as a source of technical/ functional expertise, provide guidance and mentor others in and outside the team
- Be a technical Innovator, and thought leader in the organization, exhibit exceptional innovation, IP generation and technical insights and clearly communicate these ideas and insights to others.
- Be a recognized subject matter expert in some areas, but also have broad knowledge and the flexibility to take on a wide range of projects and roles.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in their area of expertise, and broader extended areas.
- Exhibit excellent judgment when assessing technical and business risk and be trusted to define the best path to help understand and minimize those risks.
- Build and use strong ties to the business groups and the outside world to identify opportunities with high business value and champions projects that provide significant impact to the Corporation
- Effectively manage the team & provide strategic input regarding performance, staffing and related operating budget, and take key decisions for own Research Area
- Establish a strong scientific network externally with academia or external organizations, have significant participation in external events/conferences/ technical communities, influence the direction of external standards, foster partnerships that benefit Conduent
- Deep and widely recognized knowledge and experience relevant to research area
- Self-motivated, thrives in a fast paced, research-focused, collaborative environment
- Team player who demonstrates and encourages internal and external collaboration in developing and implementing solutions in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Good interpersonal and strong influencing skills
Open to change, shows curiosity and interest in learning new topics.
- When facing new challenges and problems, takes opportunity to learn quickly and extend his/her capabilities. Applies lessons learned from past experiences
- Intellectual capacity to handle required level of work complexity
- Demonstrates role model behavior with ethical business conduct, values and integrity
- Excellent analytical skills, clear and concise communicator: expresses information and ideas effectively; listens to and values input from others
Communicates at management levels across the value chain to build relationships
Provides helpful and timely feedback to peers and project team members
- Demonstrates confidence, decisiveness and ability to take calculated risks within broadly defined policies and practices
- Ph.D. in computer science or a related engineering or science discipline from top tier institutes, with specialization in analytics, machine learning and/or statistics
- Demonstrated research, development and engineering leadership experience related toresearch area, preferably in a corporate lab setting
- Experience with services domains such as business process outsourcing systems, transportation systems, healthcare systems and financial services is valued
- Broad set of research interests and experience,strong publication track record
- Track record of independent solutions planning and implementation and tech transfer to business
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More