Print Supervisor, Transaction Processing-Service Delivery - Chesapeake, Virginia
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
The Transaction Processing Print Supervisor manages 4 employees who print participant specific, logic driven output, on multiple Xerox High-Speed industrial printers. This team is also responsible for fulfilling automated assembly work, via the Pitney Series 10 auto inserter. This position has direct responsibility in the development of subordinates, achievement of safety, quality, cost, productivity, throughput, delivery metrics, and attainment of production schedule.
2 to 3 years of supervisory experience in a related field (i.e., print, inbound/outbound mail, programming/analyst or experience supervising a complex workflow), is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day operation, train and mentor staff.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and initiate performance improvement plan for infractions as outlined by policy.
- Use Analytical and quantitative aptitude and proficiency in computer applications and systems to re-engineer processes as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and good organizational skills.
- Enforce team attention to detail and proofreading.
- Communicate clear expectations and goals.
- Conduct regularly scheduled Team Meetings to provide forum for communication, questions, and continuity.
- Conduct regular 1 on 1’s with each Team Members for feedback and development.
- Set and track attendance expectation.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive business results.
- Organize staffing needs based on production requirements. Ensure adequate and qualified team members are in place during scheduled times. Coordinate with peer on a daily basis to ensure team members are appropriately assigned in the Printing Department.
- Liaise with project leads to define scheduling to maintain on-time delivery performance.
- Make quality and process recommendations and enacts decisions on a daily basis concerning disposition.
- Utilize tracking report systems and Microsoft Office Suite to record production information, material transfers, printer supply inventories, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership experience where you were responsible for coaching and developing others.
- A team player mindset is required to excel in this role. Expect to handle interdepartmental challenges with your peers to create win-win solutions.
- Expect to lead process improvements in your area that enable the business to achieve desired results.
- Most existing problems are complex and require team-based problem solving. Be prepared to help and/or lead cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
- Communication is critical to this role. You will liaise with multiple departments on a daily basis to achieve customer and business objectives. This communication takes place in person, over the phone, IM, and through e-mail communications.
- Computer and printer use is extensive throughout the operation.
- Demonstrate dependability, responsibility, high integrity, and treat others with respect.
- Set and maintain a consistent, positive tone, communicating clear expectations and goals.
- Under leadership of the Service Delivery Manager and project management, support Xerox programs, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work in a high volume, high-pressure environment.
PRODUCTION AND QUALITY:
- Monitor Queues for results & ensure Team Members are focusing on priorities
- Regularly communicate production and quality results at team and individual levels.
- Lead team to exceed production level
- Know and understand the department goals, focusing on areas of development, recognizing future opportunities for automation
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude and proficiency in computer applications and systems
- BA/BS or equivalent is required
- 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience in a professional office environment
- Prior print/fulfillment
experience is a plus
This position requires extensive walking through conditioned environments.
- Employee can expect to spend 50% of time walking through the production environment and expect to spend the remaining 50% of time sitting at a workstation, updating reports
and attending meetings.
- Some areas are noisy.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More