Public Sector Proposal Technical Writer - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-17345
Locations: Fairfax, Virginia, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Helena, Montana, United States; Denver, Colorado, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
- Write succinct, effective and compelling narrative about our portfolio of solutions
- Complete assigned proposal sections on time with little if any rewrites
- Evolve to subject matter expert (SME) in assigned solution domains
- Support the pursuit of new public sector business opportunities
- Mentor and peer review other proposal writers and less experienced proposal staff
- Quickly Identify gaps between Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and company solutions and work with solution experts to close the gaps
- Work in a matrix environment to ensure that the defined approach to operational services is consistent with corporate practices and standards
- Assist proposal managers and peer colleagues to define new “best-in-class” proposal content
- Write proposal sections in other areas as necessary
- Conduct ongoing quality control of proposals both in progress and after completion
- Participate in post-proposal activities as required, including oral presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of evolving regulations and emerging industry trends
- Work with other Sales Enablement staff to develop and implement future plans for solution improvements and long term business growth
- Follow Conduent brand standards for tone of voice and writing style
- Use automated tools for proposal authoring and access
- Define and use graphics effectively to support written text
Education, Experience and Capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of public sector domain writing (e.g. marketing, technical or proposal writing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must also have strong organization, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in latest versions of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and SharePoint
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- When necessary, travel to attend proposal planning and review sessions (up to 25%) as business dictates
- Experience in new business development, including proposal preparation, is preferred
- Experience with public sector system functionality, public sector operations, or technical system infrastructure is highly desirable
- Privia experience is a plus
- An understanding of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and MITA standards is a plus
- Experience with Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) is a plus
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More