Recovery Analyst - Falls Church, Virginia
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether its digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
• Responsible for collecting overdue payments and establishing re-payment arrangements.
• Negotiates liability settlement of medical claims with third parties or healthcare providers; seeks reimbursement from healthcare providers and/or ensures payment of claims by appropriate insurance carrier.
CDR Associates, a subsidiary of Conduent, credit balance processing services, is designed to maximize overpayment recoveries for our healthcare clients while at the same time providing a valuable service to providers: hospitals, health systems, and physician groups.
CDR analysts handles all aspects of the credit balance recovery process from identification and claim analysis to provider approval and processing of the refund to our payer client.
The end result is increased recoveries for our client and reduced staffing costs for the provider. CDR is committed to working with providers to establish credit balance goals and objectives and assisting in measuring ongoing progress to meet those goals.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol.
• Analyze healthcare claims data for audit purposes.
• Understand context and apply logic, based on basic claims processing rules.
• Work with other analysts and developers to define audit rules.
• Identify and verify potential claims overpayment opportunities.
• Provides professional/analytical support to audit team and clients.
• Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws.
• All other duties as assigned.
•Healthcare related insurance billing and/or claims experience is a plus but is not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related preferred.
• Candidates for consideration must be able to demonstrate a strong set of interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner.
• Self-motivated and independent: affective team members are results-driven and focused on delivering quality results.
• Experience with working in teams a must but more important a candidate should possess the skills necessary to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
• Willingness to travel, up to 25%, within designated region. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
• Industry competitive annual salary
• Reimbursed travel expenses
• Comprehensive health insurance plans
• Life Insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurances
• Paid-time-off plan
• Company negotiated discount programs
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More