Project Manager - Gardena, California
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
- Supports the proposal process, roles and schedule
- Analyzes RFP deliverables, requirements and contract terms for appropriate response
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential partners and subcontractors
- Establishes mitigation plans for potential risks
- Participates in setting the project budget and financial performance targets
- Analyzes the complexities and interdependencies associated with the work including internal and/or subcontract interaction
- Helps establish required resources, skills and appropriate labor loading/distribution necessary to perform the work and deliver the project on time and on cost
- Provides status updates and solicits strategic guidance from upper management
- Validates/revises/updates baseline scope of work and establishes initial work and schedule requirements under the contract
- Assists in the planning and build out of the required infrastructure to provide contracted services or project delivery including on-site warehouse facilities and local staffing
- Prepares a project or maintenance plan appropriate for the project’s complexity, requirements, schedule and contract type
- Oversees subcontracts, including any DBE/SBE/VBE requirements
- Maintains cost estimate, schedule, work plan, revenue forecast, and project CM%
- Manages potential scope changes within approved processes and deadlines
- Manages changes that affect total contract value, cost, or margin; coordinates changes with Project Controllers
- Manages to a spend plan (cost-budget tracking); updates/revises spend plan (budget-forecast) and schedule at least monthly
- Conducts a comprehensive review of project costs, including accruals on a monthly basis with Project Controllers
- Reviews cash flow on a monthly basis, oversees and reconciles customer invoicing
- Reviews and verifies that an accurate invoice is submitted to client per contract
- Coordinates technical activities with System Engineering and Technical Delivery Managers, including resource loaded work plans and labor estimates
- Leads regular team communication and team status meetings across all resources areas required for success
- Identifies potential issues and provides timely management notification for coordinated response planning
- Maintains contract log with documented delivery issues, changes and decisions in writing
- Develops impact assessment for potential issues with mitigations strategies
- Coordinates routinely with CTS/ITS leads regarding cost and delivery of respective IT related work products
- Assists with resolution of any Vendor/Subcontractor payment issues
- Manages Project Close Out plan across the life of the project
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Project Manager or Program Lead, preferably in Tolling and/or ITS
- Strong understanding of software integration Projects; especially design, integration, and operations and maintenance of software systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to identify win/win solutions to unexpected challenges
- Strong professional services background with capabilities to run a complex program involving engineering, civil, and software elements
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Client focused professional with experience in managing clients and the ability to lead multiple programs
- PMP strongly preferred but not mandatory (successful candidate may be required to obtain a PMP)
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More