Project Manager - CTS Transportation - Germantown, Maryland
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
• The Project Manager is accountable and responsible for managing all aspects of a large, complex IT
project or multiple, medium-scale IT projects to achieve project goals and objectives. This involves looking outside of
project boundaries for integration and interdependencies to achieve project goals. It also involves conveying to the
project team the important relationship of the project to the bigger picture, including the larger program and organizational
• Through structured governance, the PM enables appropriate initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling
and closing for the project to achieve project benefits. The PM establishes and communicates project goals and directs
team activities. The PM is responsible for managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources,
communication, risk and procurement activities and deliverables.
• The PM adheres to the established project management methodology and standards while carrying out
responsibilities. This includes applying project management and development and delivery lifecycle processes to complex
information technology projects and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies.
• Autonomy Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and
quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions
taken by self and subordinates.
• Influence Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives. Influence at level of
division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level. Decisions impact work of
employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance. Develops high-level
relationships with customers, suppliers and industry leaders.
• Complexity Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to
formulation of IT strategy. Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and/or management principles.
Ensure appropriate involvement of all stakeholders for the project
• Consistently apply the organizational project management standards and methodologies to assigned projects.
• Accountable and responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality,
human resources, communication, risk and procurement.
• Report progress and health of the project and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders
• Identify, monitor and control the interdependencies between activities and deliverables with a project
• Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
• Identify the projects financial sources and resources and manage the budget and control costs for the project.
• Manage the processes for the project.
• Track the progress of project activities and deliverables to the consolidated project benefits.
• Ensure appropriate governance practices are in place to monitor and control the project
• Additional Senior Project Manager Responsibilities
• Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope statements, risk
assessments, budgets and IT Value (ROI, IRR) discussions.
• Responsibilities may also include serving as a subject matter expert (SME) in project management and consulting for
other projects as necessary.
• Recommend prioritization of projects and ensure approvals follow the governance process.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More