Proposal Writer Team Manager - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-14158
Locations: Germantown, Maryland, United States; Washington, Washington, DC, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Raleigh, North Carolina, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Denver, Colorado, United States; Sacramento, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
Proposal Writing Team Manager / Conduent Government Solutions
This individual will lead a team of writers (10+) that supports State and Federal Public Sector high priority opportunities to assist in successfully winning the unit’s largest new or re-compete clients. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- The Manager of Proposal Writers leads a distributed team in the timely and compelling completion of responses to Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Conduent Government Solutions Public Sector Business Unit.
- Responsible for leading both direct staff as well as collaborating with matrixed team members, partners and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for making and tracking writing assignments based on skill alignment and workload balance
- Lead, Coach and peer review team of writers in a challenging, deadline driven environment where succinct and compelling story telling is required to win changing Public Sector business service pursuits in a highly competitive market.
- Lead geographically dispersed and diverse team, with a strong communication skills and advanced problem solving skills.
- Identify gaps between Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and company solutions and work with solution experts to develop workarounds to close the gaps
- Assist proposal managers and peer colleagues to define new “best-in-class” proposal content
- Engage and interview Subject Matter experts (SME’s) to extract an “understanding” of information, technical content.
- Ensure writers complete proposal sections that comply with customer requirements following a Feature, Benefit, Proof-point, Discriminator writing style that maximizes scoring criteria.
- Write proposal sections as necessary
- Attend proposal planning and review sessions
- Maintain a strong knowledge of evolving regulations and emerging industry trends.
- Work with other Business Development staff to develop and implement future plans for solution improvements and long term business growth.
- Follow brand standards for tone of voice and writing style.
- Use automated tools for proposal authoring and access.
- Define and use graphics effectively to support written text.
- Upskill, lead and inspire a diverse, virtual team to high performance.
- Assign, review, and evaluate proposal sections, based upon writer skillsets.
- Ensure that high quality RFP responses are compliant and completed on time.
- Identify and lead new process and improvement initiatives that improve throughput, efficiency and/or quality of proposals; e.g. Strength-Based Solutioning.
- Focus on continuous, ongoing expansion and improvement of reusable components (i.e., boilerplate, etc.).
- Succinctly communicating win themes and key solution attributes to buyers’ needs as described in their RFPs to the writers.
- Become a “company expert” in the field of proposal writing for Government State & Local and State Healthcare Solutions.
- Follow all laws and established processes for compliant, ethical proposal responses.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting of writing assignments, progress, due dates, and issues.
Education, Experience and Capabilities
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have English language skills – Highest level of proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Must have team management experience
- Must have strong organization and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in SharePoint
- Must be proficient in latest versions of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have experience in Public Sector proposal preparation, State experience a plus
- Experience in State healthcare domain writing (e.g. marketing, technical or proposal writing) is highly preferred
- Experience and understanding of Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a plus
- Experience with healthcare claims transaction processing, call center operations, or pharmacy benefit management is desirable
- Experience with Shipley process and methodology
Travel: up to 25% (minimal travel) and this position can be located anywhere in the Continental US.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More