Software Engineer I - Germantown, Maryland
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com .
•Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems which control other electrical, mechanical, electronic or network systems.
•Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
•Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
•Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
•Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
•May perform one or more of the following:
•Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
•May develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, graphics modules, etc.
•Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
•Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
•Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications.
•Develops and installs programs to support general business applications running on PCs.
•Designs web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality; develops infrastructure and applications related to pages.
•May make hardware or software purchasing recommendations regarding web development.
•All other duties as assigned.
- 3 yearsof experience in the IT industry, involved in the complete software development life cycle including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, deploying, testing, debugging, project management, implementation & maintenance of application in the Client/Server and Internet/Intranet environments.
- Extensive experience using Ajax and JSON as data interchange format.
- Developed web Methods flow Service and java service including JDBC adaptor service, transaction management, caching, error handling, HTTP and SMTP client.
- Application development experience using multithreading, Serialization, Externalization, Collection framework, Generics, Core JAVA, Applets and Swing components.
- Strong experience in working with full life (SDLC) of Development and distributed computing technology.
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) – Session, Entity and Message Driven Beans.
- Experience in developing and deploying applications through Tomcat and application servers like IBM WebSphere 5.1/6.0/6.1/7.0,Weblogic 9.1/10.3 and JBoss.
- Excellent experience in developing applications using Eclipse IDE 3.0/3.1/3.2/3.3/3.4/3.5 and IBM RAD.
- Strong Experience in working with Databases like Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2 and SQL Server 2005 and proficiency in writing complex SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in working using DFC (Documentum), DAB.
- Expertise in developing application using Spring Framework that uses features of IOC, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC and AOP features.
- Exposed to Web services SOAP (Simple object access protocol) and WSDL (Web Services Description Language).
- Strong experience with ANT, Log4j and JUNIT for unit testing.
- A self-motivated professional and natural communicator possessing good technical, initiating, leadership and problem-solving skills and has proven to be a good team player.
- Extensively developed applications based on Object Oriented Principles
- Good working knowledge in design patterns like MVC2, Observer, Singleton, façade, Proxy, Factory, Abstract Factory, Service Locator, Front Controller and Iterator
- Expertise in using frameworks like Struts 1.0/1.1/2.0, TestNG, JUnit 4.x and Ant 1.7
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More