Solution Architect - Government - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-13654
Locations: Germantown, Maryland, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Sacramento, California, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Lexington, Kentucky, United States; Raleigh, North Carolina, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States; Denver, Colorado, United States; Tempe, Arizona, United States; Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
The Solution Architect within the Government Capture Team is accountable for the identification, evaluation and selection of current Conduent technology and operational related solutions that will be included in Government proposals in response to formal sales opportunities.
The Solution Architect will work across multiple technical disciplines to facilitate meetings with Solution Owners and Product Managers, Capture Management, Technology Solution Management, Business Leadership, Global Procurement, Real Estate/Facilities, CTPO and Technology Solution Management to identify and propose solution options for consideration. The Solution Architect is accountable for the solution's technical compliance and conformance to the business and technical architectural direction for the specific engagement. The Solution Architect identifies and works closely with Solution Owners and Product Managers to develop accurate costing estimates, and ensures the costs are reflected accurately in all pricing models related to the engagement.
The Solution Architect is engaged during inception and planning for sales opportunities that are of moderate to high complexity, and remains engaged throughout the sales lifecycle of the engagement. This includes participation in all strategic planning activities, proposal development and review, and pricing development and review.
- Function as Government solution lead on assigned sales opportunities and subsequent proposals.
- Work closely with Conduent Solution Owners and Product Managers to ensure all solution information used in Government proposals remains current and accurate at all times.
- Troubleshoot and provide solution and technical alternatives and recommendations to overcome technical gaps and weaknesses.
- Work closely with Capture Manager and Proposal Manager to develop a comprehensive, compliant, and value driven solution for each assigned engagement.
- Work closely with Proposal Subject Matter Experts, writers, and graphic artists to ensure assigned proposal solution messaging and narrative is compliant and compelling.
- Collaborate with Line of Business (LOB) operational leadership in their efforts to ensure accurate operational models for delivery, staffing/human resources, real estate/facilities, and site-based infrastructure.
- Work closely with CTS Technology Solution Manager (TSM) in development of Technology Pricing Estimate.
- Perform technical solution assessments to help identify operational, financial and contractual risks.
- Author narrative for complex areas of assigned proposals as required.
- Participate in narrative reviews and remediation efforts as required.
- Participate in solution demonstrations and oral presentations as required.
- Ability to front-end discussions with existing and potential clients in partnership with sales and LOB.
- Provide “teething” support to delivery teams post contracting.
Required Education, Experience and Capabilities
- Independent self-starter with the ability to perform work that is complex and varied, with latitude for independent judgment and minimal to no formal supervision.
- Broad technologist with the ability to grasp diverse technical requirements and map to solution alternatives.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships and earn respect and credibility with both technical and business leadership.
- Previous experience defining and discerning key aspects of a problem and developing an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context.
- Ability to represent and present, as required, the proposal solution overview in deal reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Highest level of proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience and understanding of state and local government contracting.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in one or more of the following solution architecture domains:
- Claims Administration
- Provider Enrollment/Credentialing Administration
- Member/Eligibility Administration
- Pharmacy Administration
- Clinical and Quality Management Solutions
- Child Welfare
- Child Support Enforcement
- Electronic Visit Verification
- Long Term Support Services
- Health Information Exchange
- Home and Community Based Services
- State Payment Systems/State Disbursement Units
- Operational experience in a complex government healthcare or benefits setting, such as Medicaid, CHIP, Child Welfare, TANF, or SNAP is desirable.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Advanced writing skills with experience in proposal writing, marketing material development, or technical writing.
- Proficiency with SharePoint
- Proficiency with latest versions of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and other tools)
Additional PreferredExperience and Capabilities
- Operational experience in a complex government sector environment is desirable.
- Previous experience aligning local goals and direction with Business and IT vision, strategy and priorities.
- Comfortable with thought conflict and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and writing skills including the ability to translate technical data into user-friendly terminology and graphics. Adept at developing and presenting complex material effectively to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others in the adoption and implementation of processes and technology solutions.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More