Web Administrator - Germantown, Maryland
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Web Administrator will administer Web applications & Web Servers (e.g. Bitvise, WebSphere, Pivotal (TC Server Rabbit MQ & Redis), Apache Tomcat, Oracle Middleware (OBIEE, OSB & WebLogic), IIS, SFTP, Bitvise WINSSHD) and other various Web Applications and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the Web Applications infrastructure running on Windows or Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud operating systems. Experience is required for most if not all applications noted above.
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Install and configure the applications noted above
- Configure high availability for web applications as required
- Perform upgrades
- Perform patching
- Provide maintenance on legacy and current web applications
- Configure, maintain and create monitoring alerts for all instances/servers
- Aid in performance tuning for the given environments
- Develop and support scripts for automation (starting and stopping)
- Build and Configure all environments i.e. Development, QA, UAT, Pre Prod and production as needed
- Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Participate in team meetings and training, as required
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
- Must understand java runtime environment concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc., in regard to the applications being supported
- Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs using Microsoft Office and or other software, as directed
- Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
- Five or more years’ experience working as a Web Administrator
- Strong proficiency with Bitvise, Pivotal (TC Server Rabbit MQ & Redis), Apache Tomcat, Oracle Middleware (OBIEE, OSB & WebLogic), IIS, SFTP, Bitvise WINSSHD) Windows or Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud operating systems.
- Two or more years’ experience with Weblogic & WebSphere
- Experience with Apache web server setup and configuration
- Experience with Java application support and troubleshooting
- Strong experience working with Java based web servers and applications
- Experience working with Windows, Red Hat, Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud environments
- Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation
- Ability to understand and interface with infrastructure and development organizations and internal business owners
- Experience with Oracle Application servers (11g or higher) strongly preferred
- Background in Web Administration, best practices and standard procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with App Dynamics and or other monitoring tools preferred
- High School Diploma
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Web Design or Computer Science preferred
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More