Field Health Benefits Coordinator - Hamilton, New Jersey
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-15921
Locations: Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
Field Health Benefits Coordinator
Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM
Provides courteous and accurate information on NJ FamilyCare to customers within an office and call center setting. Assists beneficiaries by providing program and managed care information, application assistance, and assistance in enrolling in an HMO. Conducts individual or group presentations throughout the community on NJ Family Care Program and the benefits of managed care. Processes eligibility application and determines eligibility for the NJ Family Care program and refers beneficiaries that are potentially eligible for Medicaid to DMAHS for review. Enters eligibility information into a web-based computer system and references other NJ-specific databases as appropriate. Follows up with beneficiaries with correspondence, performs file updates as information comes in, and assesses service/information.
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists walk-in and telephone consumers with consumers with completing new and renewal applications, HMO selection forms and answers questions about the program. Conducts presentations to educate consumers about NJFC and the benefits of managed care within an office and call center setting.
- Informs customers about services available and assesses customer needs.
- Provides clear, complete, accurate and objective information based on full understanding of program requirements.
- Conducts presentations at Community Based Organizations, community events and home visits with some evening and some weekend events.
- Builds relationships with the community, and advocacy groups.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and complaints in a call center environment using standard scripts and procedures.
- Review application information on the web-based system and associated imaged documents. Verify data displayed for the application is consistent with information on imaged documents.
- Identify missing information and initiate requests for generation of missing \information notices.
- Initiate telephone calls to beneficiaries to follow-up and confirm information, as necessary.
- Document missing information in the web-based computer system.
- Enter, review and processing missing information when documentation is received.
- Determine eligibility for NJ Family Care according the NJ Family Care regulations/guidelines by reviewing documentation to accurately enter data into a web-based computer system and following procedures for running automated eligibility rules; prepare correspondence for missing information as appropriate; make outbound calls to obtain, clarify, or validate information
- Participate in and contribute to the quality improvement process
- Participate in training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience in a healthcare field.
- Experience working with people representing diverse backgrounds preferred.
- Experience working with detailed data and following defined procedures.
- Two to five years’ experience in the determination of beneficiary eligibility for public assistance is desired.
- Demonstrated data entry accuracy and ability to enter data from scanned images
- Ability to interpret and apply program policies and procedures as appropriate
- Ability to use basic arithmetic procedures in order to determine household size and income and determine program eligibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with beneficiaries, co-workers and the community.
- Ability to apply logical reasoning in order to make timely, effective decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Ability to evaluate information received from or about beneficiaries for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to maintain self-control under stressful situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; flexibility under pressure
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Capable of working independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in use of personal computer, including MS Office Suite
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
- Knowledge of Medicaid and managed care programs a plus.
- Knowledge of available state and federal human service assistance programs and their eligibility requirements a plus.Overtime, evening and some weekend hours. Reliable transportation.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More