EDI Business Analyst II - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-12534
Locations: Irvine, California, United States; Amarillo, Texas, United States; Irvine, California, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible for supporting and ensuring the successful completion of requirement gathering, analysis, documentation, and user acceptance testing of our EDI initiatives.
- Serves as a primary liaison and facilitates working sessions between internal and/or external customers and Information Technology Teams (IT), to define of business requirements for systems fixes and enhancements of lower to mid-tier complexity needed to meet customer and operation objectives.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Write detailed business functional requirements documents of the operational and/or system changes, ensuring requirements and proposed solutions meet business/customer needs. This includes delivering the following artifacts as needed: Interface Specifications, Software Change Requests (SCR), Functional Requirements Documents (FSD) and Use Cases
- Perform User Acceptance Testing
- Work closely with the Product Team. Communicate key insights and findings to Product team
- Run SQL queries to get data for analysis on project related initiatives.
- Engage in and manage multiple initiatives
- Constantly be on the lookout for opportunities to improve our EDI products, discover issues and deliver better value to our customers
- 5 + years of previous experience in Business /Systems Analysis. Must include work with Data Interfaces.
- Domain knowledge related to one or more of these areas: Medical Bill Review, Healthcare, Insurance, Claims, EDI interfaces, Web Service (API)
- Knowledge of ANSI X12 837 EDI standard
- Proven experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Proficient and comfortable with conducting self-directed research in order to fill in any gaps in the requirements or feature requests
- Experience in data analysis to draw business relevant conclusions.
- Ability to quickly understand business issues and data challenges related to specific projects
- Ability to recognize hidden requirements and clarify unclear requirements
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to: facilitating meetings, emails, in person conversations, meeting notes, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including clients, vendors, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Knowledge and experience with SDLC and understanding of technical domain
- Experience with the Agile software development life cycle a plus
- Must work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage time and set priorities and deadlines appropriately and perform management escalations when appropriate
- Ability to work well within a team. Accept and provide constructive criticism for team building and improving team functionality
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More