Technical Writer II - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-12993
Locations: Irvine, California, United States; Lakeland, Florida, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
• Create and maintain product release notes, instruction manuals, quick reference guides, online documentation or help systems, and multimedia tutorial presentations for end-users and customers. Writing technical content for end users.
• Analyze the needs of target audience and tailor materials to meet those needs.
• Study data and conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to fully understand existing and new products.
• Apply hands-on experiences in developing documentation for targeted audiences.
• Index and cross-reference documents such as bulletins and manuals.
• Edit, standardize, and/or revise materials prepared by other writers or personnel.
• Maintain the document library to ensure timely availability of materials to internal and external clients.
• Creates and implements documentation effectiveness tools and methodology used to measure, evaluate and improve materials and publications.
• Assures proper maintenance of publications, materials, records and other related documentation.
• Develops and/or facilitates training sessions as needed for content contributors; provides training guides, job aids and support materials.
• Provides the highest level of customer service to customers, whether these are current or prospective clients, vendors, staff, business partners or visitors.
• Assists and cooperates with co-workers, supervisor and management; maintains positive morale within the unit by motivating and supporting staff.
• Gathers, analyzes and organizes data from CRM or software change control tools; prepares and communicates or files reports to senior management, etc.
• Collaborates with others to effectively identify and resolve problems and conflicts.
• Manages confidential client, financial and employee information with discretion and good judgment in accordance with department and company guidelines.
• Demonstrates a dependable work ethic.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in professional societies.
These specifications are general guidelines based upon the minimum skill sets ordinarily considered essential to satisfactory performance in this position.Individual skills and abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent is required to have:
• Ability to write correspondence, reports, technical manuals, user guides and training materials.
• Knowledge and experience with single sourcing and using MadCap Flare.
• Active listening and questioning skills required to reach appropriate conclusions concerning products and information in general.
• Very effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop long-term business relationships.Must be open to receiving constructive feedback.
• Effective presentation skills, including the ability to adapt communication style to fit audience.
• Experience performing and/or managing multiple project tasks as a member of an individual or member of a project team.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly assimilate technical knowledge and understand the implications of information presented to end-users.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities simultaneously.
• Competency to utilize company software and proficiency in Microsoft software applications and a willingness to learn new systems as necessary.
• Ability to work as needed to meet Company objectives.
Typically, these skills result from an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.Prior experience in technical writing, user manual development, training and coaching desired.Prior experience in this role within the Workers’ Compensation medical bill review industry is preferable.
Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge of Clinical Services (Nurse Case Management, Utilization Management).
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More