Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator - Middletown, Pennsylvania
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers
in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the
customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for
public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed
learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents.
Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace
reputation, apply today.
Title: Senior Database Administrator
- Database support will include day to day duties for proper database maintenance along with proactive measures to
maximize the database availability and performance.
- Proficient with interpreting query execution plans, reviewing data within tables and recommending indexing strategies.
- Experience with establishing methods for base-line database performance and measuring improvements with changes.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex Stored Procedures, ANSI and T-SQL queries and scripts, and document
processes and procedures.
- Configure database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels
of performance, availability, and security.
- Update, backup, maintain & troubleshoot databases. Perform troubleshooting, resolution and root cause analysis for
database and application specific incidents.
- Listen well to others and share ideas in a constructive manner within the DBA team and with other end users.
- Facilitates server-side database development when needed.
- Provides accurate status updates to management.
- Routinely evaluates/ implements improved methods or processes for administering and maintaining databases and
- Troubleshoots minor to major problems on an as-needed basis – often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active
communication to different groups within the organization Requirements.
- Database migration/ upgrade experience is highly desired.
- Deep understanding of database design principals.
- Experience running and supporting very large data warehouse databases (OLAP, Big Data) is a plus.
- Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and project management applications required.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based
- Participate in 24x7 On Call rotation.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance health counters
and overall server configuration.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot log shipping, database mirroring, and replication.
- Importing and exporting data in a variety of file formats using various database applications, primarily SSRS and SSIS.
- Deep SQL Server database programming and optimization skills particularly with experience in high transaction volume
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft SQL Server DMV’s for troubleshooting performance issues.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information
Technology or related field preferred.
- 6+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a production environment is required.
- 6+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments,
including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on is required.
- 6+ years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live
database systems issues.
- Experience with Failover Clustering, Replication, Log-shipping and Always on Availability Groups.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience working with Windows Server, including Active Directory.
- Experience writing SQL queries, analyzing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance.
- Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship
status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable
accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking
on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit”
button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click
here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More