Supervisor, Payroll - Montego Bay, Jamaica
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
- Responsible for the efficient running and administration of the organization’s payroll and expense accounts.
- Includes implementing and checking payroll and taxation changes on an on-going basis.
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the payroll function and/or the federal multi-state and local payroll tax function.
- Contributes to departmental business plans and priorities by applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety issues
- Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Provides input on the development of policies and procedures for the payroll process and timekeeping.
- Oversees the maintenance of earnings and deductions records.
- Ensures the generation of the company payroll, including vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status.
- Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Directs the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, employees and other organizations.
- Builds relationships with other departments in the resolution of payroll issues.
- Recommends changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- All other duties as assigned.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More