Manager, Subcontracts Management - Monterrey, Mexico
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Manager, Subcontracts Management will lead the negotiation, drafting, execution and ongoing administration of strategic subcontractor agreements used to support Conduent clients while also focusing on ways to improve and exceed expected savings targets for supplier spend. The Manager will support the development of Conduent new business through management of sourcing process to obtain timely subcontractor proposals, negotiate optimal pricing, and enforcing subcontractor acceptance of Conduent client flow downs and Conduent service delivery requirements. The Manager will establish positive working relationships with subcontractors while overseeing the development and implementation subcontracts and subcontractor governance processes. The Manager will work with the customer experience managers to establish subcontractor scorecards, business reviews and related reports focused on customer satisfaction continuous improvement.
The Manager, an expert in subcontractor sourcing, contracting, administration and relationship management, will focus on value creation through improved subcontracting efficiency, improved subcontractor compliance with client flow downs, implementation of subcontractor performance management reporting and opportunities to enable cost savings and/or avoidance. The individual will: Build and maintain long-term relationships with subcontractors: Collaborate with internal customer senior leaders to negotiate subcontracts; Build and define continuous improvement metrics with assigned strategic subcontractors while seeking opportunities to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction; Bring to completion contract negotiations leveraging enterprise-wide buying power and resolve internal obstacles; Review and approve purchases within approval levels, Apply innovative problem solving and strategic thinking skills, along with strong business acumen and analytical capabilities to influence change; Manage and resolve disputes with assigned subcontractors; provide counsel to stakeholders and senior leaders; Gain buy-in and Build consensus to deliver on defined objectives.
- Work closely with the Lines of Business, Finance, Accounting, Procurement leaders and legal counsel to draft, review and negotiate sourcing documents, subcontracts, statements of work, exhibits and schedules including fees exhibits; service level agreements and related agreements.
- Govern subcontractor compliance with subcontracts through use of defined performance metrics and skilled supplier relationship management best practices;
- Provide exceptional service to the Lines of Business, internal clients and subcontractors to enable efficient procurement strategies and to maintain positive working relationships at all levels.
- Develop relationship management strategies by which potential subcontract vendors are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (RFI/RFP, Scorecards, Performance Metrics, etc.)
- Establish strong partnerships across the business units and corporate centers to ensure active and early participation in subcontractor related matters for the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction.
- Be the escalation point for Conduent stakeholders and assigned subcontractors to resolve disputes quickly.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, J.D. or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Expert level understanding of U.S. contract law and regulatory compliance requirements
- Government contracting experience preferred
- Broad-based strategic procurement experience sourcing indirect spend categories with a focus on subcontracting, flow down compliance and customer experience governance
- At least 3 years of experience negotiating complex, contracts with suppliers including negotiation of fees, pricing methodologies and drafting of fee schedules
- Extensive experience drafting, negotiating and administering supplier statements of work and change orders to avoid cost overruns
- Exceptional relationship building skills with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience in supplier performance management and service level management required
- High productivity, excellent time management skills and supplier management skills
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, and motivated
- Deep commitment to customer focus and satisfaction
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage people at different areas of the company (level, location and organization)
- Solid understanding and fluency with using the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More