Data Architect - Morrisville, North Carolina
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at
We are looking for aData Architectwith Microsoft cloud and data technology expertise
who will be part of our Microsoft Practice and will be expected to actively work in a multi-disciplinary fast paced environment. This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the project; its primary responsibility is to provide guidance on data architecture and data modeling.
- Design, develop, and support conceptual/logical/physical data models for analytics solutions.
- Work closely with the rest of the teams to provide data services for our analytics solutions, including modeling, stored procedures, replication, and other assistance to progress and meet technical and business goals.
- Ensures that industry-accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines and coordinated roll-out and adoption strategies are in place
- Assist in and/or lead the development and implementation of data collection systems as necessary
- Provide mentoring on data architecture design and requirements to development and business teams
- Reviews the solution requirements and architecture to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology
- Support presentations to Customers and Partners
- Advising on new technology trends and possible adoption to maintain competitive advantage
- 10-15 years industry experience and at least 5 years of experience in data architect role is required.
- Demonstrated experience delivering multiple Microsoft data solutions as architect.
- A BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Demonstrated experience with ETL development both on-premises and in the cloud using SSIS, Data Factory, and related Microsoft and other ETL technologies.
- Demonstrated in depth skills with SQL Server, HDInsights, Azure Data Lake with the ability to configure and administrate all aspects of SQL Server. Fully versed and prepared to demonstrate a technical knowledge of database administration and management.
- Demonstrated experience with different data models like normalized, de-normalied, stars, and snowflake models. Worked with transactional, temporarl, time series, and structured and unstructured data.
- Data Quality Management (Microsft DQS and other data quality and governance tools) and Data Architecture standardization experience
- Deep understanding of the operational dependencies of applications, networks, systems, security and policy (both on-premise and in the cloud; VMs, Networking, VPN (Express Route), Active Directory, Storage (Blob, etc.), Windows/Linux).
- Advanced study / knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies (Microsoft development life-cycle including OOP priniciples, Visual Studio, SDKs, Powershell, CLI).
- Is familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of software solutions and architectures and in service delivery (Microsoft and Azure DevOps. Azure Automation)
- Has strong technical background and remains evergreen with technology and industry developments.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Prior experience with application delivery using an Onshore/Offshore model
- Experience with business processes across multiple Master data domains in a services based company
- Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Is able to make sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical basis.
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure
- Requires some travel (on average 10%-20%)
- Prior experience in a similar role is required
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
This position is located in Morrisville, NC.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:
click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More