Innovation Consultant - Morrisville, North Carolina
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We are looking for an Innovation Consultant to join our Innovation Assessment and Insight Practice (IA&I) and will be expected to actively work in a multi-disciplinary fast paced environment. This is a client facing consultative role and requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the project; its primary responsibility will be to engage with clients to understand and analyse their business challenges and extract insight that identifies opportunities for technology driven improvement and innovation.
The Innovation Assessment and Insight Practice (IA&I) creates client focused innovation through data driven assessments and thought leadership on industry trends, technology and innovation. It provides objective, data driven insight that challenges both our clients and Conduent to transform and lead their markets. It supports direct client engagements to deeply understand their opportunities and challenges taking a consultative approach underpinned by deep technical expertise and structured assessment methodologies to produce quantified innovation opportunities. Your recommendations will directly impact how our clients use technology to improve the way they do business, as well helping to set the direction for Conduent's innovation roadmaps.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to understand business challenges, deliver creative problem solving and inspire clients about the possibilities of technology driven change. We are not looking for people who simply know how to follow a process or manage an IT implementation. We want people who are are curious, get to the root of a challenge or problem and can thrive in the ambiguous world of innovation. ‘Consultant’ can mean many things, but to us it means an exceptional individual who can lead, challenge and drive change for our clients. They will be able to demonstrate passion and energy, the ability to get things done as well as being persuasive and tenacious.
Demonstrating expertise in a specific area of technology such as digital, mobile, customer experience, IoT, automation etc. is highly desirable as well as experience in methodologies such as journey mapping, design thinking, user experience design.
For clarity, this Innovation Consultant role is not an IT implementation focused position. Candidates will need to demonstrate client facing consulting experience.
- Build trusted relationships with clients and facilitate intelligence gathering interviews and workshops
- Develop structured methodologies for data driven assessments of client business processes
- Gather data from client environments through a combination of observational assessments, process mapping, stakeholder interviews and contextual data sources
- Translate complex data and analysis into an easily understood format so it is suitable across diverse groups with varying abilities.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to reconcile conflicts and get to a truthful understanding.
- Create hypotheses for potential technology solutions and process improvement initiatives
- Identify of actionable intelligence from the data gathered during customer interactions.
- Identify data sources, and their relationship to the wider customer journey
- On-site ‘human intelligence’ insight gathering and assessment of policy and process in client environments
- Ensuring the right data is available in all decision making, presented in an easily consumable way
- Presenting finding to clients and internal stakeholders as a compelling story demonstrating a strong understanding of the client’s customer journey and visualizing data driven evidence
- 3-5 years of related experience is required.
- Bachelor Degree minimum
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders in a confident way
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, derive insights from data, and communicate with diverse teams.
- Practical business analysis and consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex innovation projects
- Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Demonstrates a passion for technology and an understanding of the impact it can have to improve how organisations operate
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
ime management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure
- Requires travel (on average 25-50%)
- Prior experience in a similar role is required
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
Location: This position is located in Morrisville NC.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Conduent Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to
. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More