Principal Data Scientist: Data Analytics / Machine Learning - Morrisville, North Carolina
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.After applying, please check your email (including spam folder) for updates on this position.
- Provides deep data science and related industry knowledge and leadership on strategically relevant technical areas (including latest state of the art from industry and academia).
- Drives major data science based projects and initiatives with high impact across multiple Conduent organizations.
- Research, design and prototype robust and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to answer key business problems
- Develops value propositions, identifying new business opportunities for data science based innovations / solutions. Helps other data scientists understand the broader business context and needs.
- Drives building of tools and support structures needed to analyze data, perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and organize experiments in conjunction with best practices
- Provides guidance to the Data Science team and evaluates the models developed by the team
- Work with development teams & business groups to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across many clients
- Establishes a strong data science network externally with academia or external organizations. Evangelizes Conduent in external data science communities. E.g. Influencing the direction of external standards, foster partnerships that benefit Conduent.
- Present findings to stakeholders to drive improvements and solutions from concept through to delivery
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at handQualifications
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering with 12+ years or MS with 15+ years of experience in data science field.
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering many analytics models and solutions to offerings in the market
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, C/C++) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of their work
- Desired interdisciplinary skills include big data technologies, ETL, statistics and causal inference, Deep Learning, modeling and simulation
- Breadth of skills and experience in machine learning – diverse types of data, diverse data sources, different types of learning models, diverse learning settings
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realized in practice
- Experience and knowledge in services domains such as business process outsourcing systems, transportation systems, healthcare systems and financial services is valued
- Demonstrated ability to propose novel solutions to problems, performing experiments to show feasibility of their solutions and working to refine the solutions into a real-world context
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a similar role is required
- Please include other requirements as appropriate
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More