Payment Services Associate II - Nashville, Tennessee
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for processing lockbox accounts by extracting the contents, negotiating the checks and preparing the output according to the customer instructions within the timeframes established.
Typically performs basic clerical duties (as above) and/or other clerical duties that require a general knowledge of the department. You will work under direct supervision with limited routine decision-making with guidance from Workflow/Supervisor.
You may need to require basic PC skills.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties):
- Operating mail extraction units, making payment processing decisions based on customer requirements
- Performing manual and/or automated sorting of work based on client instructions
- Stage work in an accurate and presentable format for customer capture
- Presenting “clean” documents for capture
- Meeting or exceeding department productivity and accuracy standards
- Cross-train to support all areas of the Lockbox department
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential Duties):
- Various functions within the Lockbox department
- Other modules (RDE, Scanning, Mail Distribution, Validations, etc.)
Education and Experience (Preferred):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior working experience within a payments/remittance processing environment
Knowledge and Skills (Required):
- Basic computer operating knowledge (touch screen, mouse, reboot, etc)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Basic troubleshooting
- Good communication skills
- Customer-focused, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Acquired basic skills to perform routine tasks
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More