Web Application / SQL Server Developer - Richmond, Virginia
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
- Combine knowledge of SQL, Excel, SSIS and other tools in support of legacy application
- Develop and maintain browser-based applications (ColdFusion experience a plus, but not required) running on SQL Server databases
- Develop ad hoc/scheduled reports to support vital government healthcare functions
- Configure and maintain backups, restores, users and participate in disaster recovery drills
- Maintain government-owned website with period updates
- Support existing databases including bug fixes, required upgrades and modifications to existing functionality
- Maintain existing (and possibly design new) C# applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of database applications
- Design, develop and implement database designs from the ground up to stage, modify and improve existing applications and workflows
- Work closely with project teams to gather requirements and to optimize and improve user experience
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a similar role is required
- A minimum of 5-years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server Development using 2005, 2008 and/or 2012
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Administration using 2005, 2008 and/or 2012 (including Backup and Restore)
- Extensive Transact SQL and query performance tuning experience
- Strong performance/troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in technical documentation
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to implement change effectively and the use of a work ticketing system (e.g., Jira)
- Experience in Data Modeling, Database Design
- Experience working with Legacy systems
- Healthcare industry experience desired
- ColdFusion application development experience desired, but not required.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More