Customer Care Associate I - Oakland, CA - San Francisco, California
As a team member in our Customer Care business, you’ll focus on building trust with our clients. Depending on your role, you could be helping customers directly through voice and chat, training tomorrow’s leaders, or leading the way to ensure our centers run more smoothly. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their interpersonal communication skills and push boundaries of collaborative thinking.
- Full Time
- Entry Level Customer Service
- Benefits Included
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Personable 8
- Compassionate 7
- Multi-Tasker 6
- Creative 5
- Team Player
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
- Competitive compensation
- Full Time Employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k plans
- Paid Time Off
- Fun working environment
- Company discounts - Local restaurants, gyms, cell phone service discounts, auto, travel, international theme parks and many more
- Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming call.
- Note action taken on each account.
- Follow up with customers when required.
- Process correspondence (batch, scan and index).
- Review, generate and mail letters for correspondence processed.
- Production Control Responsibilities:
- Count, batch and log all parking tickets.
- Input batch numbers and counts in Image machine for tickets to be scanned.
- Scan all tickets received.
- Data entry input of parking tickets.
- Index and verify the citations that have been rejected from the Imaging System.
- Perform quality control of tickets data entered.
- Verify accuracy of Lockbox batch payments.
- Reconcile Lockbox payment batch totals to system totals.
- Verify updates of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Perform quality control of Notice mailings.
- Prepare batches and data enter nixies.
- Prepare batches and update name and address information.
- All other duties as assigned.
Customer Care Associate I are successful when they meet the following requirements:
- Must be available during the hours of operation Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Performs routine assignments in entry level of the professional career band.
- Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts.
- Professional roles will typically require a degree in their specific discipline which may apply to specific positions.
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Limited decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol.
- Six months experience in providing customer service either via phone or in person.
- Excellent communication skills and Telephone Etiquette.
- Experience with using 10 key.
- Basic computer skills – word, excel, email.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive environment, working with co-workers and customers within a diverse culture.
- The ability to relate to customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Work with proprietary systems.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivation to work under his/her own initiative.
- Must have High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More