Public Health Epidemiologist - Multiple Locations
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-14717
Locations: San Francisco, California, United States; Austin, Texas, United States; Richmond, Virginia, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States; Albany, New York, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
Public Health Epidemiologist
Position can be located close to any Conduent, USA location
A qualified candidate has the following experience:
• At least a Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or other related fields.
• At least 2-5 years of experience, preferred (includes student-, or school-related internships)
This position requires public health informatics experience. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of CDC Message Mapping Guides (MMGs) and the NNDSS Modernization Initiative (NMI). Successful candidates will also ideally be knowledgeable about current Promoting Interoperability initiatives, Electronic Lab Reporting, and eICR.
Conduent Public Health Solutions has a proven track record of implementing business-focused, streamlined, automated decision support and case management technical solutions for public health. We currently have over 40 deployments of Maven both within the U.S. and internationally. Conduent Public Health Consulting (CPHC) within Conduent Public Health Solutions provides contracted and consulting services to local and state health departments and other public health entities. The mission of CPHS is to help improve and protect the health and environment of states, cities and communities, both nationally and internationally.
As an Epidemiologist, you will:
- Assist state and local health departments in solving a variety of public health issues utilizing our Maven application.
- Work with state and local health departments to provide expert guidance on mapping data fields to accurately report to the CDC, using MMGs.
- Assist health departments in evaluating changes needed to the system to support the transition to GenV2 MMGs as part of the NMI.
- Provide expert support and knowledge in public health, disease surveillance, analytics, and informatics.
- Assist state and local health departments with technical issues around a wide-variety of public health areas and related outcomes.
- Prepare comprehensive public health reports, such as but not limited to, community/program assessments, program protocols, and statistical/analytical reports.
- Assist in grant and proposal writing for, but not limited to, state and local RFPs and government funding opportunities.
- Provide public health support/knowledge to Conduent Public Health projects and employees.
- Collect and manage public health data, conduct quantitative analyses, and develop associated reports.
The Candidate should have:
- Deep knowledge of NMI, MMG, and Promoting Interoperability initiatives.
- Experience in applying knowledge of NMI, MMG, and Promoting Interoperability initiatives to informatics or at the programmatic level.
- Experience working with Electronic Lab Reporting.
- Experience in data management and statistical analysis, specifically secondary data sets.
- Knowledge of SAS (and/or R).
- Knowledge of Conduent’s Maven Disease Surveillance System is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience in quantitative methods and analyses.
- Experience in disease surveillance and understanding of process and outcome evaluation methods.
- Leadership and program management experience.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate and present information in a clear and understandable manner; able to communicate both written and verbally with management and team leaders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment on site and across locations to achieve goals.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities; good organizational skills.
- Good relationship and partnering skills.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More