Telecom Engineer - Somerset, New Jersey
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
We manage interaction s with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.After applying, please check your email (including spam folder) for updates on this position.
- Work with the business and technology leadership in defining, prioritizing, and achieving strategic objectives, and defining short and long term objectives for projects/platforms. Regularly communicate status of program to all impacted stakeholders.
- Participate in the IT annual operating planning process. Develop and manage the departmental budget and ensure financial objectives are met.
- Provide strategic direction to the team in terms of technology. Build the medium and long term framework, plan for budgets, and control them.
- Accountable for the management of daily network and telecom operations, including staff and resource scheduling and work prioritization.
- Manage a team of network and telecom design engineers/architects to ensure optimal performance of all network and telecom hardware and equipment.
- Regularly interface with executive management to validate short-term and long-term vision and strategies. Define capabilities that align to business objectives.
- Manage entire project lifecycle and delivery of new and enhanced network and telecom Infrastructure.
- Present the network and telecom technology framework/solution/design/architecture to stakeholders.
- Review and approve network and telecom policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems and drive their implementation and use.
- Establish, monitor, and bring into process key network KPIs using quantitative methods.
- Manage the vendor relationships and lead discussions regarding the purchase of telecom services, hardware, application outsourcing, or consulting services.
- Define the SLAs of vendors; lead negotiation and selection process.
- Interface with the business and handle customers directly, as necessary. Create RFPs and review responses, pricing of IT components, and recommend changes to processes/technology as per stakeholder requirements.
- Initiate the evaluation of new technology/products in the telecom, unified communications and contact center spaces, drive them to closure, and assist team in redefining processes etc.
- Accountable for capacity planning in relation to new architectures or environmental growth.
- Broad understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and WAN/LAN technology
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and research problems of a complex nature, make reasonable decisions, and recommend solutions
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process, requirements, goals, and organizational change
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Must work well within a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and oversee network and telecom planning, design, deployment, maintenance, and upgrades
- Strong customer service skills
- ITIL v2 or v3 Certification preferred
- CCNP/CCDP or other Cisco certification preferred
- Knowledge of SIP components such as Session Manager and Session Border Controller
- Solid knowledge of telecom/network troubleshooting and monitoring tools
- Experience and thorough understanding of Avaya telephony and Cisco WebEx conferencing technologies (or similar)
- Experience and thorough understanding of GeneSys contact center platform technologies (or similar)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to perform complex scheduling, control and planning functions; demonstrated ability to influence individuals, lead teams and work effectively with executive management
- Must have the ability to work cross functionally in a virtual organization while interacting with multiple organizational business units
- Proven management skills, including management of a team of IT professionals of various levels
- Prior experience in a similar role is required
- Please include other requirements as appropriate
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible work experience in network and telecom architectures and/or operations in a large, dynamic enterprise IT organization.
- 5-7 years of IT management experience
- Ability to be on call for incident escalations and management
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- InContactTelephony: 5 years
- SIP components (i.e. session mgr & session border controller: 1 year
- IT Management: 6 years
- Network and Telecom architecture: 8 years
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More