Transaction Processing Coach - South Bend, Indiana
As a team member in our Customer Care business, you’ll focus on building trust with our clients. Depending on your role, you could be helping customers directly through voice and chat, training tomorrow’s leaders, or leading the way to ensure our centers run more smoothly. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their interpersonal communication skills and push boundaries of collaborative thinking.
- Full Time
- Entry Level Customer Service
- Benefits Included
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Personable 8
- Compassionate 7
- Multi-Tasker 6
- Creative 5
- Team Player
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of allinsured patientsin the U.S., 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $16 billion in medical bill savings, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more atwww.conduent.com.
Job DescriptionReq ID: 2019-17420
Locations: South Bend, Indiana, United States
Job Type: Full-time regular
Position is responsible for gathering information related to applications for public assistance programs. In conjunction with an automated system, eligibility specialist will provide information to state eligibility consultant who will make the eligibility decision for various public assistance programs including TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Food Stamps and Medicaid.
- Duties will include reviewing applications submitted, identifying required client data and verifications that must be collected in support of the eligibility determination, communicating with clients in the data collection process, reviewing the case information and preparing it for case disposition by the state eligibility consultant.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and complaints using standard scripts and procedures
- Gathers information, researched/resolves inquiries and logs customer calls
- Communicates appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner.
- Informs customers about services available and assesses customer needs.
- Provides functional guidance, training, troubleshooting assistance and support to team members
- Monitors priority of calls and shifts escalated calls to assure resolution to problems.
- May assist in preparing standard reports to track workload, response time and quality of input.
- Assists in planning and implementing department goals and makes recommendations to management to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- The incumbent, with proper training, is expected to work independently of immediate and continuous supervision.
- Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- Able to collaborate with team members and management
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience with ICES (Indiana Client Eligibility System) or WFMS (Workflow Management System and SMART.
Experience working w/ Public Assistance Programs (Medicaid, TANF, Food Stamps)
2 plus years of experience working w/ Public Assistance Programs (Medicaid, TANF, Food Stamps)
Consistently maintaining high quality and production scores
Must be proficient using MS office – Word, Excel, Outlook
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first:click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
Faces of Conduent
Recognizing our employees and their journeys toward success.Learn More