Mailroom Courier \Inventory Control Clerk - West Sacramento, California
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
The Mailroom Courier \ Inventory Control Clerk receives all incoming mail and determines what department the documents are routed and process according the approved CA-MMIS procedures and DHCS guidelines as scheduled. The Mailroom Courier \ Inventory Control Clerk is also responsible for the receiving of all mail from the post office and other mail sources and also must deliver, accept, verify, weigh, sign, and maintain all items in and out of the Conduent Mail room.
- Participates in Conduent-required employee training
- Assists in Operational Readiness Testing, as required
- Opens pre-addressed claim parcels and envelopes
- Distributes internal / external mail and parcels
- Separates, folds, extracts and stuffs letters and mailings as necessary
- Receives, picks up, and sorts envelopes and parcels from various internal / external locations
- Accepts deliveries from the postal carrier and sign any certified/express mail receipts
- Keeps a daily log book of reports and packages that require tracking. Obtains appropriate signatures for any packages
- Maintains a safe driving record with all Conduent company vehicles and all required maintenance
- Verifies the courier information and signs for the pieces
- Verifies that the packing labels are filled out properly prior to pick up
- Signs for the packages received from the courier and logs them properly. The packages are then delivered to the recipients. Recipients must sign for all packages
- Provides general maintenance of mailing equipment
- Dumps all aged hard copy claims into secure re-cycle bins according to the monthly destruction letter
- Performs other related duties and tasks to assist the Claims Department in meeting workload requirements
- Meets established mail processing standards
- Picks daily incoming mail from the PO Boxes
May perform one or more of the following:
Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to an organizational unit.
May assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, claims and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc. Administers programs, projects, and / or processes specific to the operating unit served.
May serve as an administrative liaison with others within and outside the company related to purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
May assist in budget preparation and control activities. Researches, compiles and proofs word processing assignments.
May assist with processing medical claims; preferably in Medicaid or Medicare
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience in a high production mailroom
- Excellent attendance and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 60lbs repetitively throughout the day
- Proficient at carrying out assignments using the provided procedures and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
and word processing software
- Valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record
- Knowledge of word processing software
- Ability to meet established mail processing standards
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, remain flexible, and adapt to change
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
The Conduent difference
We’re the world’s largest business process services company — and we’re modernizing the constituent experience.Learn More
We improve moments in millions of lives in a variety of industry sectors.Learn More
We celebrate new ideas and turn them into unique customer value.Learn More